Find a Resource
George the Farmer - In the Classroom: Tree Planting video
Join George, Simone and Ben as they investigate tree planting in this episode of In the Classroom.
You can join in the tree planting fun around your school or home by using 'Activity 8 - Plant Trees' found in George the Farmer's Educator Toolkits on Sustainable Forest Management. Find even more activities and educator toolkits here: Complete George the Farmer Forestry Educators Toolkit
In the Classroom is brought to you by George the Farmer and ForestLearning.
Kinder / Prep, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Key Curriculum Areas / Subject:
Mathematics, Design and Technologies
National Curriculum Codes:
ACMMG006 , ACTDEK003, ACTDEK012, ACTDEP005, ACTDEP006, ACTDEP007, ACTDEP009, ACTDEP015, ACTDEP016, ACTDEP017, ACTDEP018
Strand Content Description:
- ACMMG006 - Use direct and indirect comparisons to decide which is longer, heavier or holds more, and explain reasoning in everyday language
Design and Technologies
- ACTDEK003 - Explore how plants and animals are grown for food, clothing and shelter and how food is selected and prepared for healthy eating.
- ACTDEK012 - Investigate food and fibre production and food technologies used in modern and traditional societies.
- ACTDEP005 - Explore needs or opportunities for designing, and the technologies needed to realise designed solutions
- ACTDEP006 - Generate, develop and record design ideas through describing, drawing and modelling
- ACTDEP007 - Use materials, components, tools, equipment and techniques to safely make designed solutions
- ACTDEP009 - Sequence steps for making designed solutions and working collaborativel
- ACTDEP015 - Generate, develop, and communicate design ideas and decisions using appropriate technical terms and graphical representation techniques
- ACTDEP016 - Select and use materials, components, tools, equipment and techniques and use safe work practices to make designed solutions
- ACTDEP017 - Evaluate design ideas, processes and solutions based on criteria for success developed with guidance and including care for the environment
- ACTDEP018 - Plan a sequence of production steps when making designed solutions individually and collaboratively
Critical and Creative Thinking, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Capability, Literacy, Personal and Social Capabilities
Cross Curriculum Priorities:
Design and Technologies, Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS), Multimedia, Science
ScOT Catalogue Terms:
Agroforestry, Carbon capture and sequestration, Environmental Management, Environmental Sustainability, Habitats, Plant Growth, Sustainability, Trees
Forests - Ecology and Natural Processes, Forest Futures - Carbon Renewable Resources and Innovation