Find a Resource
Planet Ark – Schools Tree Day
The Planet Ark, Schools Tree Day website provides lessons and activities for students to understand the needs of trees and how to care for them. Students will also gain an understanding of the lifecycle of plants, how they are essential to biodiversity and why we need to sustainably manage the environment.
Key Curriculum Areas / Subject:
National Curriculum Codes:
ACHGK021, ACHGK022, ACHGK051, ACHGK052, ACHGK061, ACHGK070, ACSHE022, ACSHE035, ACSHE051, ACSHE062, ACSHE121, ACSHE136, ACSHE217, ACSHE220, ACSSU002, ACSSU017, ACSSU030, ACSSU044, ACSSU072, ACSSU073, ACSSU094, ACSSU112
Strand Content Description:
- ACHGK021 - The types of natural vegetation and the significance of vegetation to the environment and to people.
- ACHGK022 - The importance of environments to animals and people, and different views on how they can be protected.
- ACHGK051 - The human causes and effects of landscape degradation.
- ACHGK052 - The ways of protecting significant landscapes.
- ACHGK061 - Present findings, arguments and ideas in a range of communication forms selected to suit a particular audience and purpose, using geographical terminology and digital technologies as appropriate.
- ACHGK070 - The human-induced environmental changes that challenge sustainability.
- ACSHE022 - People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things.
- ACSHE035 - People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things.
- ACSHE051 - Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions.
- ACSHE062 - Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions.
- ACSHE121 - Science understanding influences the development of practices in areas of human activity such as industry, agriculture and marine and terrestrial resource management.
- ACSHE136 - Science understanding influences the development of practices in areas of human activity such as industry, agriculture and marine and terrestrial resource management.
- ACSHE217 - Scientific knowledge is used to inform personal and community decisions.
- ACSHE220 - Scientific knowledge is used to inform personal and community decisions.
- ACSSU002 - Living things have basic needs, including food and water.
- ACSSU017 - Living things have a variety of external features.
- ACSSU030 - Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves.
- ACSSU044 - Living things can be grouped on the basis of observable features and can be distinguished from non-living things.
- ACSSU072 - Living things have life cycles.
- ACSSU073 - Living things, including plants and animals, depend on each other and the environment to survive.
- ACSSU094 - The growth and survival of living things are affected by the physical conditions of their environment.
- ACSSU112 - Interactions between organisms can be described in terms of food chains and food webs; human activity can affect these interactions.
Cross Curriculum Priorities:
ScOT Catalogue Terms: