Pine - Seed to Shelter
Welcome to Australia’s renewable Pine Forest virtual tour and video experience.
Pine forests cover just 1% of Australia’s total forest area, but grow over 52% of all logs harvested. The remaining logs are harvested from hardwood plantations (34%), native hardwood production forests (12%), and native softwood production forests (0.5%).(ABARES, 2018)
Come with us on a virtual journey from seeds planted in the nursery to harvest of pine trees at 30 years old, and meet some of the people working, and technologies used, to ensure Australia’s sustainable forest future.
Below are the Renewable Pine Forest VR Video Experience and 360 Virtual Tour.
USING IN THE CLASSROOM TIP:
The 360 Virtual Tour can be used in the classroom to compliment the video experience, with the 360 photos containing embedded information hotspots to allow students more time to reflect and observe the virtual environments after viewing the virtual video experiences.
Seed to Shelter - Virtual Video Experience
Tips to view:
- Press the Settings wheel bottom right of screen and select resolution to 1080p
- Press Full Screen Mode button to view at full screen
- Press the forward arrow to start playing
- Use your mouse to click and drag to view full 360 vision
Vimeo Video Direct Link: Vimeo Seed to Shelter
YouTube Video Direct Link: YouTube Seed to Shelter
360 Virtual Tour - Seed to Shelter
To view the full forest and wood processing cycle contained in Seed to Shelter VR experience, view both the Renewable Pine Forest Story tour and the Log to Lumber milling tour in succession.
The Renewable Pine Forest Story Virtual Tour
Log to Lumber - Pine Milling Virtual Tour
Tips to viewing 360 virtual tours:
- Viewing options - to change the screen view of the tour, in the top right corner, press the 3 dot icon, and select Full Screen Mode for full screen viewing. Choose the following viewing options depending on how you will view the experience:
iPad or computer Google Cardboard or other headset Use your mouse to click and drag the image to view full 360 vision. If your headset is capable of viewing 360 mode, select "WebVR mode".
NOTE: This tour is also available via the Roundme APP to use on your smart phone in a cardboard or plastic headset devide via IOS and Google Play.
- Hover your mouse, or use your headset clicker/pointer, over the "i circle" hotspots to view more information about particular key elements of the photo.
- Within each panorama 360 photo on the tour there are embedded portals to take you to the next panorama 360 photo in the tour (upside down photo sphere tear drop icons). Click on these once you have finished in one scene to take you on the next step of the journey.
Complete Seed to Shelter Experiences, Design and Technologies, Forest and Wood Themes, Forest Environments, Forest Experiences, Forest Tours, Geography, Mill Environments, Mill Experiences, Mill Tours, Teaching and Learning Resources, Virtual 360 Tours, Virtual Environment (360 Photo), VR Experience (video)