Teaching resources going 100% online for easier home learning
ForestLearning is responding to teacher calls to go further online by converting more of our existing YouTube multimedia education videos and associated pdf worksheets into online Kahoot! quizzes using the popular Kahoot! teaching tool. This development will save the need for parents and schools to print worksheets, and also provides an incredibly fun, informative, user-friendly and easy-to-follow learning and assessment tool for teachers, parents and students alike. Kahoot! quizes also provide teachers a tool that is compatible with many commonly used online classroom platforms such as Google Classroom and more.
Kahoot! quizzes available now -
- ‘GIS – Geographical Information Systems’ (years 11-12 Geography)
In this high school geography lesson plan students will learn about Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and how they can be used in forestry.
- ‘Innovation in manufactured wood products and construction’ (years 7-10 Design and Technologies)
In this lesson, students will learn about the different types of manufactured wood products and innovative techniques to produce manufactured wood products.
- ‘Going Bush – South Australia’s pine tree experts’ (years 5-10 Design and Technologies, Geography)
Student Student Outcomes
- Understand that tree plantations were established to overcome a lack of supply of native timber
- Know that selective breeding programs produce faster growing trees with higher wood yields
All of these vidoes and links to the Kahoot! quiz are accessible via the forestlearning website links above, or head to www.forestlearning.edu.au where a new portal for Covid19 teaching resources is currently in development - come back in the coming weeks to access!
Are you looking for a resource that you can’t find for your classroom? Please let us know and ForestLearning will work to provide a solution! Contact email@example.com.