Calendar of Operations for an Enterprise Production Cycle
This Agriculture lesson is a research activity to allow students to gain an understanding about the role of managers of a forestry enterprise and the calendar of operations that are performed at the initial planting and growth stages and those that continue throughout the 35 year lifespan of the plantation.
Students will gain skills in completing a calendar for
- a 1 year seedling cycle and also
- a calendar of operations for a 35 year plantation.
Students will have to opportunity to adapt their calendars into a written examination style response question.
- P1.1 describes the complex, dynamic and interactive nature of agricultural
- P1.2 describes the factors that influence agricultural systems
- P2.3 describes the farm as a basic unit of production
- P3.1 explains the role of decision-making in the management and marketing of
agricultural products in response to consumer and market requirements
- P5.1 investigates the role of associated technologies and technological innovation in producing and marketing agricultural products.
Students learn about:
- Farm management
- The role of the farm manager
Students learn to:
- Construct a calendar of operations for an enterprise production cycle
Key Curriculum Areas / Subject:
National Curriculum Codes:
Strand Content Description:
Cross Curriculum Priorities:
ScOT Catalogue Terms: