Managing Competition Between Forestry Plants
This year 12 Agriculture resource addresses the topics of
- plant competition within a forest coupe,
- the subsequent effect of competition on trees and
- how managers control competition to produce trees that meet the desired specifications.
The lesson is designed to allow students to:
- view source material to develop their understanding of competition and density within a forest, and then
- allow them to complete a series of workstations to summarise the content.
Note: This lesson has been developed for the N.S.W BOSTES Stage 6 Agriculture Syllabus but will still be applicable to use in other states.
Key Curriculum Areas / Subject:
National Curriculum Codes:
Strand Content Description:
Cross Curriculum Priorities:
ScOT Catalogue Terms:
Teacher Guide - Managing competition between forestry plants
This teacher guide outlines the lesson plan, teacher preparation required and student activities involved in the lesson "Managing competition between forestry plants". Approximate timings of activities are also outlined.
File Size: 533.61 KB
File Type: pdfLogin
Student Workbook - Managing competition between forestry plants
This student workbook "Managing competition between forestry plants" contains all of the activities, questions and workstations used within the lesson. Space is provided for students to document their answers and all website URL links are provided.
File Size: 0 bytes