Spotted Gum – Forest to Fine Flooring
Have you ever stopped to think about the wood you use every day? You’re about to come on the Spotted Gum, Forest to Fine Flooring virtual experience and 360 tours, to see the sustainable cycle that is the Australian hardwood story. Along the way, you’ll meet some of the people making the most of our trees – that are a truly renewable resource.
The Forest to Fine Floring story includes the complete renewable cycle of beautiful Spotted Gum flooring story – from the forest management to timber processing stories.
USING IN THE CLASSROOM TIP:
The 360 Virtual Tour can be used in the classroom to compliment the VR video experience, with the 360 photos containing embedded information hotspots to allow students more time to reflect and observe the virtual environments after viewing the virtual video experiences.
VR VIDEO EXPERIENCE
Forest to Fine Flooring – Complete Spotted Gum Timber Story – Virtual Video Experience
Tips to view:
- Press the Settings wheel bottom right of screen and select resolution to 1080p
- Press Full Screen Mode button to view at full screen
- Press the forward arrow to start playing
- Use your mouse to click and drag to view full 360 vision
Vimeo Video Direct Link: Forest to Fine Flooring
YouTube Video Direct Link: Forest to Fine Flooring
360 VIRTUAL TOURS
The Forest to Fine Flooring 360 virtual tours include viewing all three elements of the renewable Spotted Gum timber story in succession –
- Spotted Gum Forest Story,
- Tree to Timber 1 – Green Milling, and
- Tree to Timber 2 – Dry Milling tours
360 Virtual Tour – Spotted Gum Forest Story
360 Virtual Tour – Tree to Timber 1- Spotted Gum Green Mill, Hurford Hardwood
360 Virtual Tour – Tree to Timber 2 – Spotted Gum Dry Mill, Hurford Hardwood
Tips to viewing 360 virtual tours:
- Viewing options – to change the screen view of the tour, in the top right corner, press the 3 dot icon, and select Full Screen Mode for full screen viewing. Choose the following viewing options depending on how you will view the experience:
iPad or computer Google Cardboard or other headset Use your mouse to click and drag the image to view full 360 vision. If your headset is capable of viewing 360 mode, select “WebVR mode”.
- Hover your mouse, or use your headset clicker/pointer, over the “i circle” hotspots to view more information about particular key elements of the photo.
- Within each panorama 360 photo on the tour there are embedded portals to take you to the next panorama 360 photo in the tour (upside down photo sphere tear drop icons). Click on these once you have finished in one scene to take you on the next step of the journey.
Key Curriculum Areas / Subject:
National Curriculum Codes:
Strand Content Description:
Cross Curriculum Priorities:
ScOT Catalogue Terms:
Secondary:Ed Tech (VR/Drones)