Find a Resource
Wild Forest Adventure - Woodwork
In this lesson students will learn about the different uses of wood from a State Forest. Students will learn about how trees are selected for timber, the types of timber produced, and harvesting. The game is a part of the Wild Forest Adventure series and has been especially designed for students. It provides interesting and relevant information about the forest environment in a stimulating and fun way.
For more NSW Forestry Corporation resources go to:
Key Curriculum Areas / Subject:
National Curriculum Codes:
Strand Content Description:
- ACHEK002 - Types of resources (natural, human, capital) and the ways societies use them in order to satisfy the needs and wants of present and future generations.
- ACHGK021 - The types of natural vegetation and the significance of vegetation to the environment and to people.
- ACHGK024 - The natural resources provided by the environment, and different views on how they could be used sustainably.
- ACTDEK010 - Recognise the role of people in design and technologies occupations and explore factors, including sustainability that impact on the design of products, services and environments to meet community needs
- ACTDEK012 - Investigate food and fibre production and food technologies used in modern and traditional societies.
- ACTDEK019 - Investigate how people in design and technologies occupations address competing considerations, including sustainability in the design of products, services and environments for current and future use.
- ACTDEK021 - Investigate how and why food and fibre are produced in managed environments.
- ACTDEK023 - Investigate characteristics and properties of a range of materials, systems, components, tools and equipment and evaluate the impact of their use.
- ACTDEK013 - Investigate the suitability of materials, systems, components, tools and equipment for a range of purposes.
Cross Curriculum Priorities:
ScOT Catalogue Terms: